Featuring 4K Ultra HD, this PoE camera allows you to view flawless 8MP videos, which is 1.6X clearer than 5MP security cameras. With 5X Optical Zoom, you could zoom in for more hard-to-see details or zoom out for a broader perspective.
Outstanding [email protected] UHD Videos
This outdoor PoE security camera shoots 4K high-quality videos at 25fps, delivering an unparalleled smoother and clearer viewing experience than ever. Details you see around home or store will be recorded perfectly in live streaming and playback, no matter day or night.
IK10 Vandal Proof
This security camera with an IK10 rating can be highly resistant to violent impact, making it extremely unbreakable & vandal-proof. Even under forceful attacks, it functions still. It is an ideal choice for banks, warehouses, parking lots where robbery is most likely to occur.
Capability of Various Motion Alerts
Once this PoE video camera detects something suspicious, it will immediately send you a push notification and an email alert with a picture/video attachment. This helps you to stay in the know of the important events happening on your property and act instantly if necessary.
Time Lapse: See the Day in a Minute
This PoE video camera with time-lapse function allows you to capture the dynamic processes vividly and visually, such as the sunrise or sunset, flowers blossom and the construction of a building, then watches the whole process in minutes and seconds. (Time-lapse only works on Reolink App.)
Work with Smart Home
Try to control your security camera hands-free as it supports smart home. Just tell your device to show the camera with sound command and the live feed will appear on your Chromecast-enabled TVs. No further subscription or fee will be needed to enrich your smart home.
Remote Access Anytime & Anywhere
Feel free to Live view and share the fun moments with your family or friends via Reolink App/Client wherever you are. The camera supports up to 12 users using different devices to live stream simultaneously (with 2 mainstreams & 10 substreams).
- Question 1: Will this work with the Reolink NVR or system?
- Answer: Yes, it does. Reolink NVRs with the hardware version of N2MB02/H3MB18/N3MB01 support the smart detection/playback for the RLC-842A. You can verify the compatibility via the System Information of the NVR. You could live view this camera on your Reolink NVR with the hardware version of H3MB02 or H3MB16 under the latest firmware version.
- Question 2: Is the camera compatible with third-party software/System/NVR?
- Answer: The RLC-842A IP camera is compatible with some third-party software/NVR such as Blus Iris or Synology. But currently, we could only ensure the full compatibility between this camera and the Reolink NVR/software.
- Question 3: Can I pan & tilt the camera?
- Answer: This camera doesn’t support pan & tilt via Reolink software, but you can remove the outer glass case and manually move the camera at 45° vertically during installation.
PoE Easy Setup
What’s in the box
- 1x RLC-842A Camera
- 1x 1m Ethernet Cable
- 1x Surveillance Sticker
- 1x Pack of Screws
- 1x Waterproof Lid
- 1x Wrench
- 1x Quick Start Guide
- Mounting Template
- Power supply and Micro SD card are not included.
Specifications for 4K PoE Camera RLC-842A
IP66 Waterproof for Any Harsh Weather Conditions
- Image Sensor: 1/2.8″ CMOS Sensor
- Video Resolution: 3840 x 2160 (8.0 Megapixels) at 25 frames/sec
- Lens: f=2.7-13.5mm F=1.6-3.3
- Video Format: H.265
- Field of View: Horizontal: 96°-27°, Vertical: 69°-21°
- Night Vision: 30 Meters (100 ft) (LED: 24pcs/14mil/850nm)
- POE Power: IEEE 802.3af, 48V Active(Not Included)
- DC Power: DC 12.0V⎓1A, <12W(Not Included)
- Storage: MicroSD card slot (Max. 256GB)
- Browser Supported: IE, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari
- OS Supported: PC: Windows, Mac OS; Smartphone: iOS, Android
- Smart Alarm: Motion detection/Human Detection/Vehicle Detection
- Operating Temperature: -10°C~+55°C (14°F~131°F)
- Humidity: 10% ~ 90%
|RLC-810A: 4K Smart Detection||rlc-811A: Motion Spotlight||RLC-820A: 4K Smart Detection||RLC-822A: 4K 3x Optical Zoom||RLC-824A: Non-stop Spotlights||RLC-823A: PTZ Cam with Auto Tracking|
|Zoom||Digital Zoom||5X Optical Zoom||Digital Zoom||3X Optical Zoom||Digital Zoom||5X Optical Zoom|
|Two-way Talk||Built-in mic only||✓||Built-in mic only||Built-in mic only||✓||✓|
|Viewing Angle||Horizontal: 87° , Vertical: 44°||Horizontal: 105°- 31° , Vertical: 55°- 17°||Horizontal: 87° , Vertical: 44°||Horizontal: 94°-50° , Vertical: 53°-30°||Horizontal: 85°, Vertical: 44°||Horizontal: 96°-27°, Vertical: 69°-21°|
Features & Specifications
- 4K ULTRA HD & 5X OPTICAL ZOOM: Boasting an ultra-high clarity of 4K HD, this PoE camera catches every detail in astonishing sharpness, while it could deliver up to 100ft stable night vision. The 5X optical zoom allows you to zoom in for more details and zoom out for a broader view.
- SMART DETECTION: Advanced person/vehicle detection based on leading-edge detection algorithms helps to identify true threats and send push notifications accordingly with event types. Try setting up motion zones, sensitivity for your monitoring area to enhance detection accuracy.
- TIME LAPSE & FLEXIBLE RECORDING OPTIONS: Start to shoot time-lapse videos to view the changes of a day in minutes or seconds. 24/7, scheduled, or motion-activated recordings can all be saved to a micro SD card (up to 256GB, not included), Reolink NVR or the FTP server.
- REMOTE ACCESS & SMART PLAYBACK: With simple and intuitive Reolink App without extra fee, check what’s happening in your home or office anytime and anywhere. Quickly filter videos by person/vehicle events, and locate the moments you need by the timeline, all within a few clicks.
- 2-YEAR WARRANTY & LIFETIME TECH SUPPORT: Users are provided with a 30-day money-back guarantee and 2 years limited warranty. Any issues with the product, simply contact us to enjoy lifetime tech support and product maintenance. Reolink is on standby around the clock.
- Dimensions: 6 x 6 x 7 inches
- Weight: 2 pounds
Pros & Cons
For the price, you can't go wrong. Of course there will people that will say, night version sucks or motion detection doesn't work half the time. I worked in the security camera business for 10 years. Simple enough when it comes to security cameras, for both hardware and software, you get what you pay for. Reolink is by far one of the best low to mid range companies out there. Free software which is easy to use. 2.5 years of warranty. Wide selection of cameras and storage solutions. I haven't been able to find a better company/brand of camera which Reolink offers for the price. I'd recommend them for home and private businesses. If they make a few changes to the software, I'd recommend for banks, hospitals, law enforcement, etc...
HGYC Marina. Easy to install and set up!
Good first impression. The media could not be loaded. My experience in the first week of ownership has been good. One of the few times I can remember when following instructions went according to plan. This also included using a Cudy POE200 30W Gigabit PoE Injector. Once unpacked, cabled and Android app downloaded, it was streaming as soon as the app recognized the camera. Even that was just a matter of installing and logging in, surprisingly fast. Between the mobile app, desktop app, video quality, construction build and live steaming; at the moment I do not have a "con" to report. Stay tuned
People detection works very good. No false notifications. Love the many features. The person detection prevents false notifications. Push notification to Reolink app on IOS is almost instant. The FTP and E-mail notification with picture works great. I found it very difficult to mount without exposing wires which I did but it was hard and I've done lots of this kind of thing.
Awesome camera with zoom and PK10 protection. Great camera. Good low light at the wider zoom, zoomed in, the IR isn't powerful enough to reach far out, and with the lower F #, its a bit dark, wish there was more control over the exposure. But at the wide it works well. issues I have are that there is no way to mount it vertically, against a wall, and tilt the image left/right. This REALLY needs to be mounted horizontally so you can angle it left right / up down. Camera wise it works really well with the iOS app - really good control over Zoom / focus. I love the Reolink cameras and their app system.
Great Camera. This works well with their NVR, and it has a great picture. I've got 16 of these (different model cameras) set up to the NVR and the whole system is great. I'm happy with Reolink's offerings.
Heads up: Main stream is H.265 only. Per title, main stream on these is H.265. I was expecting the option to choose H.264, but this does not exist. It should be noted that the sub stream is H.264, albeit only offered in one resolution: 640x360.
GREAT Camera, but STUPID at the same time. What a great, and worthless, camera. Picture quality is outstanding. Saved images are 7680px X 4320px (33MP). The 5X optical zoom is also pretty decent. Night vision is probably amongst the best of the different REOlink cameras I own. This camera also has crisp/clean audio. Why is the camera worthless / stupid? Because positioning of the camera is a manual effort during installation. This is NOT a "PTZ" camera; this is only a "Z" camera under remote-control. You manually use your hand to point the camera in the direction you want during installation... and that's it. So, if you're thinking of using this camera as a wide-angle or narrow-zoom, you will be as sadly disappointed as I am, unless the center-point of your zoomed needs is exactly in the center-point of your wide needs. See my attached photos; wide-angle covers the whole area I was interested in monitoring, but the zoom is completely useless (or, I can make the zoom cover the end of my driveway or dock, but then I'm looking at my soffit/roof in half of the wide-angle video). I should also mention that I was nearly burned by the baseplate temperature while I was doing the installation (yanno, because you have to manually move the camera lens while looking at live video on the phone-App). My camera had been powered (PoE) maybe 2-minutes, while I was installing the 4 mounting-screws, and the baseplate was seriously hotter than I could hold my hand on. I'm betting $117 that this camera will be dead within 12-months. Completely unhappy with this camera, and you will be too, for any application other than maybe monitoring the end of a hallway.
does not handle motion capture well. In good lighting with very slow motion, it does fine. But faster or with poor lighting it gets very blurry and streaky. See attached image of me slowly walking away from the camera. Other than that.. The dome is quite solid, and is held on with torx screws so it won't be easy to steal the camera. Be aware that the base is attached to the electronics, so you have to work right next to the delicate electronics/optics when mounting it. We are mostly using it as a decoy/deterrent camera now, with a better camera watching from a less-visible location. For this use it is fine, the visible red "infra-red" leds are even a positive for this purpose. If you want subtlety, this is not the right camera. If you want to identify moving people, this is not the right camera.
no thanks - way harder to setup than my amcrest cams. Caveat: my experience level setting up POE NVR's is not great, but that said - my Amcrest POE cams fired up and synced with relative ease. After spending A LOT of time trying to get this model to work I'm going to swap it out for another amcrest. Maybe that's why this is such a good deal? Not sure. Couldn't get onvif to work to save my life. Their web based admin console is super sketch with all the red flags my browser could throw at me so yea. worth a try, but consider your situation. May or may not be the right choice. cheers.
Night vision not as good. Quality camera but the horizontal view doesn’t seem to be as stated, night view is not as good as a camera with the “Starlight” technology as the one in “Amcrest camera’s” and the much cheaper “wyse camera’s”
Condensation is a Nighttime Security Threat as ALL Cameras are FOGGED UP. If you don't need night time security, this is the camera for you. Pretty dumb, right. See picture...can you see the lake and our boat dock? Nope... We have six of this, thirty feet up on the soffits of our house, all fogged up and WORTHLESS. Obviously, cant recommend for humid areas like the south So disappointed and nothing in reviews about this issue...
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.