BENFEI DISPLAYPORT to HDMI Male to Female Adapter
- Benfei DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter provides a cost-effective and easy solution for connecting a desktop, laptop, or other devices with DisplayPort port to a HDMI display such as monitor, projector or TV. Connect the DisplayPort male end of the converter to the DisplayPort port of your DisplayPort device, and connect the HDMI female end to your HDMI cable from the display.
- – Input(from video source): DisplayPort Male
- – Output(to monitor): HDMI Female
- – Audio Support: Yes
- – Installation: Plug and Play
- Mirror Mode: Makes your holiday photos and favorite films so much more interesting and enjoyable on the big screen!
- Extended Mode: Works like a charm for multitasking.
- Video and Audio: Supports video resolutions up to 1920 x 1200 and 1080p (Full HD) and flawless audio pass-thru for uncompressed digital 7.1, 5.1 or 2 channels
- Desktops and laptops with an available DisplayPort output, the monitor with HDMI input.
- UNI-DIRECTIONAL: This DP to HDMI Adapter convert signals only from DP computers to HDMI displays
Ultra Reliable and Durable
1） Not Bidirectional, Only for Displayport Computer/Laptop to HDMI Monitor
- It’s not for the monitor with DisplayPort input, it’s an uni-directional adapter.
- Not work with Fire TV Stick, XBOX etc. Which have HDMI output port.
- If your video source is HDMI and monitor is with DisplayPort input. Another solution, HDMI to DisplayPort with external power input is required. Please see the table in the following.
- Few docking station doesn’t support DP++ Mode. if you are using docking station, we suggest to choose Active DP to HDMI adapter. Please see the table in the following.
3）Not Compatible with USB
- Displayport is different with USB Port. This Adapter is Not compatible with USB Port.
- If you need USB to HDMI Adapter, please check the following table
|Displayport to HDMI Adapter||USB 3.0 to HDMI Adapter||4k Displayport to HDMI Adapter||Active 4k Displayport to HDMI Adapter||Active 4k Displayport to HDMI Adapter||HDMI to Displayport Adapter|
|Video Mirror Direction||DP Source to HDMI Display||USB 3.0 Source to HDMI Display||DP Source to HDMI Display||DP Source to HDMI Display||DP Source to HDMI Display||HDMI Source to DisplayPort Monitor|
|Max Resolution||[email protected]||[email protected]||[email protected]||[email protected]||[email protected]||[email protected]|
|Input||DisplayPort Male||USB 3.0 Male||DisplayPort Male||DisplayPort Male||DisplayPort Male||HDMI Male|
|Output||HDMI Female||HDMI Female||HDMI Female||HDMI Female||HDMI Female||DisplayPort Female|
|Active or Passive||Passive||Driver Required, for WIN 7/8/10||Passive||Active||Active|
|Shell Material||ABS||Aluminium||Aluminium Shell&Nylon Cable||ABS||Aluminium Shell&Nylon Cable||ABS|
Features & Specifications
- COMPACT DESIGN - The compact-designed portable Benfei DisplayPort to HDMI adapter connects a computer, desktop, laptop, or other devices with DisplayPort port to a monitor, projector, HDTV, or other devices with HDMI port; Tuck this lightweight gadget into your bag or pocket to do a business presentation with your laptop and projector, or extend your desktop screen to a monitor or TV; A HDMI cable is required.
- SUPERIOR STABILITY - Built-in advanced IC chip converts DisplayPort signal to HDMI signal; It is NOT a bi-directional converter and cannot transmit signals from HDMI to DisplayPort
- INCREDIBLE PERFORMANCE - The DisplayPort male to HDMI female converter supports resolutions up to [email protected] (1080p Full HD) including 720p, 1600x1200, 1280x1024 for high definition monitors or projectors, supports flawless audio pass-thru for uncompressed digital 7.1, 5.1 or 2 channels; Gold plated DisplayPort connector resists corrosion and abrasion and improve the signal transmission performance; Molded strain relief increases cable durability
- LATCHES DESIGN: DisplayPort connector with latches provides a secure connection, the latches will improve the connection stability in usage. When plug out, please press the realse button, and easy to pull out.
- 18 MONTH WARRANTY - Exclusive Benfei Unconditional 18-month Warranty ensures long-time protection of your purchase; Friendly and easy-to-reach customer service to solve your problems timely
- Dimensions: 9.06 x 1.57 x 0.47 inches
- Weight: 4.9 ounces
Pros & Cons
So many - which to buy? I needed to hook a desktop computer up to a new monitor (not TV, there is a difference), that like many these days only has a HDMI port. The computer only has a DisplayPort and VGA port and I obviously wouldn’t be using VGA. I read up on DisplayPort and while there are some significant differences between it and HDMI, but none of those differences mattered to me for computer monitor use. I also learned that there are three physically different types of HDMI connectors (Type A, B and C) and two different types of DisplayPort connectors. And I learned that a passive adapter cable is all that is necessary to convert from one to the other. Now the question was which one from the dozens of different models listed here? I already owned a very high quality HDMI cable and didn’t want to replace it so I opted for an adapter like shown here. To me they all look the same so I did the natural thing of choosing the one with the most number of user posts. It seems most are in agreement that this is the one to get. A plus is that I got it two days later. Sometimes I’ve waited a months for little adapters like this. It is very well made, rugged and solid. That’s a plus. And if course it works exactly as expected. The description didn’t show a close enough picture of the connector ends of the ends of the adapter to help me so I will, hope it helps you.
Worked as expected! The review: The adapter seems to be made well. It was in a plastic bag rather than a box, but it did have a protective cap on the male DisplayPort end, and a plastic wrap on the housing of the HDMI end. It plugged in solidly, and I tested the release with no issues. I wonder if some of the people who had issues with it breaking off when trying to remove didn't realize that DP has an active retention mechanism that has to be depressed to remove. Seamlessly transferred both video to my TV and audio to my surround sound, as expected (or at least hoped). I always like to put my personal experience in my reviews too because I search questions and reviews for information, so I feel like this can help others: Active versus passive adapters: I'm using a Lenovo M83 Tiny PC as my home theater PC, which has a DisplayPort++ output. As others have stated, this is a passive adapter and MAY not work with your output unless it is labeled DP++. The DP++ stands for "DisplayPort Dual-Mode", and simply means that the port automatically recognizes if an HDMI or DVI adapter is attached, and sends the appropriate signals rather than the DP signals. Now it is important to realize that most modern DP ports are dual mode, whether the DP++ logo is present or not. As such, you should do the research before hand to find out if your device has a dual mode port, or risk finding out the hard way. Audio through adapter: My primary concern with this adapter was whether or not it would carry audio from the DP to the HDMI cable going into my surround sound receiver. To clarify, my setup is, PC Display Port > this adapter > HDMI cable > Receiver > HDMI cable > TV. When I initially booted the computer (first boot after installing Windows 10 Pro), Windows immediately displayed video on my TV, however no sound was playing on the surround sound speakers (I was clicking the Windows volume slider and listening for the "ding"). Through Control Panel (not the garbage Windows 10 Settings app, what was wrong with the Control Panel, Microsoft?!), I went into the Sounds options. Under playback devices, there was only one item listed, "Speakers". However, almost immediately while I was in the sound options, another device showed up with the name being the model number of my receiver. Windows automatically set it as the default device. I went ahead and disabled the other "Speakers" device just to be safe. After rebooting, all settings remained and sound continued to work properly. If you are using a surround sound receiver, you should also click on the playback device and select Configure. In here, I was able to specify that I have 5.1 surround, but there were also other options such as stereo and 7.1, so make sure you pick the right one. If you are running this directly into a TV, stereo is the default setting, which is what you want. It does send a test sound to each speaker individually, so I was able to verify that the 5.1 signal was actually making it through the adapter. Now whether this is an uncompressed PCM signal or some sort of compressed audio stream is yet to be determined; but this may depend on the source media/application that is providing the audio.
BUYER BEWARE! - INELIGIBLE FOR RETURN!!!! ***UPDATE** - Excellent customer service! The company reached out to me and fixed my issue. To be clear, this adapter does not support ultra wide monitors, you'll need the 4K version for that. BUYER BEWARE! - INELIGIBLE FOR RETURN!!!! TERRIBLE ADAPTER! Does not support ultra wide resolutions and even strobes with terrible quality on normal resolution. Terrible produtct, terrible customer service. I would leave a ZERO if it were possible.
This is a PASSIVE ADAPTER and WILL NOT WORK on a regular DisplayPort, only works with DP++. The description for this product is misleading because it leads customers to believe the adapter works on all DIsplayPort ports and does not mention that it is a passive adapter. This adapter works on my desktop graphics card, which has DisplayPort++ (DP++) ports that are capable of generating HDMI or DVI signals. But it does not work on my laptop's docking station which I bought the adapter to use on because the docking station has regular DisplayPort ports capable of outputting only DisplayPort signals. Nowhere on the description or product details does it indicate that this adapter is a passive adapter, that it does not convert DisplayPort signal to HDMI signal. The first line in the description, quoted below, makes it sound like an active adapter as it indicates this adapter will work with a regular DisplayPort (DP) port. In fact, the item description is copy and paste job of the manufacturer's "Active DisplayPort to HDMI 4K Adapter" item description on Amazon with specs like supported resolution changed. Looks like someone who is not knowledgeable about these items was tasked with writing the description. The misleading part of the description that suggests this adapter will work with all DisplayPort ports: "Portable adapter connects a DisplayPort (DP, DP++, DisplayPort++) equipped laptop or desktop to an HDTV, monitor, or projector with HDMI input; An HDMI cable (sold separately) is required"
Seller Does Not Accept Returns // NOT for HDMI Output to Display Port Input. Read the item description CAREFULLY. I ordered this for the display port on my monitor. The setup was HDMI OUT from my computer to Display Port IN to my monitor. You'll need an ACTIVE adapter to achieve the aforementioned and THIS device will not achieve that result. Also, the seller does not take returns -- so think about that too.
Destroyed my Brand New Graphics Card. Okay so first let me say that I’ve never had to write a review for a product on amazon because they’ve always been reliable, but this is just unacceptable. About a week ago I got this adapter and it worked great, you know no issues what so ever. But when I recently tried unplugging it from my brand new GTX Graphics Card I was mortified. The adapter would not budge from the DisplayPort. I was not pulling it out with too much force, nor was I pulling at an angle, the adapter just would not come out. I started to use a little not force and the next thing you know the adapter snapped off and left the actual piece in the Card. I cannot believe this because i just paid over 400 dollars for this card, and now I can’t even use the DisplayPort, nor can I use my Oculus Rift now. Unacceptable...
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.