We have spent hours working hard to do research and comparions for the product Slim 24 Pack before we came up with this review.
If you have any interest in buying this, we are more than glad to share what we have reviewed for it with you, so that you can learn about useful information such as features, specs, advantages or disadvantages of the product before you buy it. We hope you will find this article helpful and share it if it really helps you.
Where do I use a Sunco LED Slim Downlight?
Slims are thin profile recessed lights used in narrow ceilings without a recessed can housing.
Will your wafer thin Slim really fit in a narrow ceiling?
Yes, our Slims include a junction box and require only a 2” minimum clearance.
Is your Slim recessed light able to fit around/under joists? How do you do it?
Yes. Our dimmable Slim features two spring connectors and a flat surface. Cut a hole around the joists (leave room for the j-box to slide into the ceiling space). Connect your supply wires to the j-box. Insert the j-box into the ceiling. The j-box connects to the Slim with the included twist connector for power. Then use the spring clips to hold the LED in place around the joist.
Do I need a recessed can for your LED Slim Downlight?
No recessed can is needed to install Sunco Lighting wafer thin LED Slim Downlights.
What size hole should I cut in the ceiling to fit your 4” or 6” LED Slim Downlight?
Our wafer thin LED Slims require these hole sizes: 4” Slim = 4.33” hole; 6” Slim = 6.3” hole.
Features & Specifications
- Top Rated 6 Inch Slim LED Downlight with Junction Box and Smooth Trim
- ✅ IC RATED - Sunco's Slim downlights are IC rated, meaning they are thermally protected and won’t overheat or ignite surrounding insulation in the roof or overhead joist space. Both the light and its junction box are safe for direct contact with ceiling insulation.
- ✅ SIMPLE INSTALL - Our damp rated LED Slim Downlights come equipped with a junction box which means they do not need a can. This 6-inch Wafer Thin Slim installs fast. Cut a hole in the ceiling to size then fold the spring loaded brackets in while pushing up into the hole. Spring loaded brackets fit any ceiling type: double drywall, single drywall, and soffit.
- ✅ ETL CERTIFIED & ENERGY STAR LISTED - We uphold the highest standards for all our products by testing each product for optimal performance and safety. Our slim downlights with Smooth Trim are instant on, which means no buzzing or flickering for eye comfort. Our lights contain no mercury and don't emit UV or IR.
- ✅ SUNCO BENEFITS - 7-Year Warranty! Sunco is proudly based in the USA, offering quality products at affordable prices backed by industry-leading warranties and knowledgeable support specialists.
- Dimensions: 19 x 18 x 9.25 inches
- Weight: 16.46 pounds
Pros & Cons
The best LED lights on the market. I’ve been an electrician for over 30 years. I’ve been waiting for these to come out. No more remodel cans!!! I installed 20 of these in 3 bedrooms and our living room where there were no lights, only ceiling fans. Most of the work could be done below. Even if you hit a ceiling joist, they fit like nothing is there. I have spray foam insulation on the roof so the install was much easier. I also replaced 3 mushroom lights in closets. Just knock the box off and wire those suckers up. The only issue is that the j-boxes do not come with connectors. A plastic snap-in connector is an excellent choice, Arlington NM94-25 Black Button Push-In NM Cable Connector, 3/8 Trade Size, Fits 1/2-Inch Knock Outs, Black, 25-Pack, as found here on Amazon.
These are great. Easy to install and flush mount makes it a dream. I got the 4k and ended up putting them on a dimmer. Planned everything out carefully. I got the 4" for outside and have a box of the 6" to change all the can lighting inside. I still have about 5 more to install on the outside and then will be complete. I purchased the 4-3/8" hole saw for.can lighting and it was sill fast.
Bright light, easy installation. After watching a YouTube video on using these "pot lights," I decided to try them. I ordered the Sunco product primarily because they were available in a 24-pack and in that quantity, the price was less than half the local hardware stores. The lights were just as easy to install as in the video, and they provide an outstanding amount of light in the expansion room. These are much brighter than I anticipated. I am very happy with them. The only negative at all (a small one) is, they use stranded wire which can be hard to wire-nut on to 12-2 copper wire. Since they were designed for 14-2 wire and I used 12-2 (as I was on a 20-AMP circuit), I really can't complain.
Manufacurer has cut costs. The current version of these they are shipping is of a decidedly lower quality than they used to be. I should know, I've installed 51 of them in my current house and some in our last house. For the last batch I ordered, I bought in this 24-pack and the product is not at all the same. The metal content of the light fixture itself seems to be lower and the junction box/power supply assembly are completely different, with no attachment point for a ground and a great deal less durability, as they have switched from an extruded aluminum junction box to a brittle plastic. Overall a huge bummer, but I went ahead and installed them because the alternative was to go another season without any overhead lighting in the place. Sunco, I get it, you need to make money, but come on. At least update the product photos to reflect the item I'll be getting on the other end. It's not that these weren't satisfactory; they'll get it done; but that they weren't what I expected or what was advertised. I get that a product changes over time here and there, but this is beyond that. You're advertising one product and shipping something quite different. Not thrilled over here.
Driver failure in 3 out if 24 units so far...... Ok, so I'm an electrical contractor and I install recessed lighting frequently for my clients. I ordered a 24 pack of these 6" thin units for a project that is a 55 minute drive from my shop, one way. Within a week of installation, 3 have stopped working leading to two different return trips to replace them,and has cost me 6 hours of man hours to send an electrician to swap them out. Thank goodness I bought 24. I installed 16 at this particular project so I had some left over. The "wafer itself seems to be ok, the problem is in the driver which is in the junction box part of the assembly. What I saved by purchasing bulk, I lost on the first call back, not to mention the embarrassment if having to explain the reason to my client. I pride myself on the quality of my work and stand by it for years to come. Unless this is addressed by the manufacturer, I will no longer use this product for my business. 3 out 16 light so far failed. Costing me $150 in labor, not counting lost time, fuel, and vehicle wear and tear. Truly disappointed.
Not as good as Torchstar's. Just installed about 4 dozens of these lights. I also installed similar numbers of Torchlight slim profile lights. Overall I am very disappointed with the build quality of Sunco lights. Pros: * Easy to install, like all slim profile light. * Bought this when it was on sale. It was very affordable. Cons: * Plastic junction box is fragile. * The cover for the junction box is flimsy. Even with 14/2 wires the cover can pop off. Worse with 12/2 wires. * Cover is not attached to the junction box. It's annoying when I the cover slips off from my hand or fall off the ladder. Torchlight's cover is attached to the junction box, and it's metallic too. * You can easily mix up the polarity when attaching the light to the junction box and when that happens you will have to take the light down and switch the plug. Although the plug is 'keyed' it's useless. It's too late for me to rip out 4 dozens of these and replace them with Torchstar's light. It was a frustrating experience especially pairing these up with 12/2 wires.
How to Buy The Best Slim 24 Pack?
Do you feel stressed figuring out how to buy a good product of Slim 24 Pack? So many things to consider? Don't know how to choose? Still doubt if it fits or not? We know that all, and we've done what you should have done for a research of the product Slim 24 Pack from which you can learn how to get the best Slim 24 Pack.
Before taking deep into the details, let us start with some questions as follows that everyone should have before a purchase of Slim 24 Pack.
- Is it worth buying the Slim 24 Pack?
- What benefits does the product Slim 24 Pack offer?
- What to think about when buying the product Slim 24 Pack?
- What makes the Slim 24 Pack to be the best?
- Where can you get information as this on the product Slim 24 Pack?
- Why and how do you need the Slim 24 Pack?
You may have many more questions than the above in regards to the Slim 24 Pack. To help you make a choice that meets your needs and satisfies you most, just read as more info and reviews as possible, no matter good or bad.
You can do that by going through reputable and trustworthy online platforms, communities and customer/product reviews, so as to get the possible best Slim 24 Pack.
Based on real customer reviews and satisfactions, we use an optimized algorithm to put together objective data into a list of pros and cons as well as product features and specifications as such a good guide for you to follow that you can buy the best Slim 24 Pack.
What Major Factors We Depend On To Create A Buying Guide
- Brand. For the product of Slim 24 Pack, each brand you know or you don't know has its own visibility and reputation, some brands may provide a certain unique technology or selling point to compete with others.
- Features. What functions can the product of Slim 24 Pack offer?
- Specifications. How is the product of like? e.g. size, weight, etc.
- Color. What color is the product of Slim 24 Pack? Do you like it?
- Quality. How good is the product of Slim 24 Pack? Is it worth the money?
- Reliability. How durable is the product of Slim 24 Pack? Does it last long or does it work for a long time for you? Does it come with a warranty?
- Customer Ratings. How is the average rating for the product of Slim 24 Pack?
- Customer Reviews. What real life customers say to the product of Slim 24 Pack, no matter it is good or bad?
Overall, this is a very good product that earns many praises and is relatively highly rated by real life customers.
We highly recommend the Slim 24 Pack to you.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.