We have spent hours working hard to do research and comparions for the product COSORI Electric Kettle for Boiling Water before we came up with this review.
If you have any interest in buying this, we are more than glad to share what we have reviewed for it with you, so that you can learn about useful information such as features, specs, advantages or disadvantages of the product before you buy it. We hope you will find this article helpful and share it if it really helps you.
What is Hard Water?
– Hard water is a kind of water that contains calcium or magnesium mineral ions that often in the form of carbonate.
– These ions do not pose any health threat, but they can engage in reactions that leave insoluble mineral deposits.
How to Descale/Clean the Kettle?
1. Filling the kettle with 1 cup of vinegar or lemon juice and 2 cups of water.
2. Boiling the liquid and leave it for 2 hours, then use a cloth to clean and wipe.
3. Rinse the kettle with clean water, and dry with a soft, clean cloth.
4. Repeat as needed.
It’s normal if your kettle exposes spots or rust on the stainless steel bottom after the first use if the water quality in your area is so hard.
Features & Specifications
- QUALITY MATERIALS: Our kettle is made with high-quality borosilicate glass, and 304 stainless steel to keep your water safe and tasting pure for years to come.
- RAPID BOIL: A great choice to replace your microwave, stove or your old kettle.Enjoy quick boiling times ranging from 3—7 minutes so you don’t have to wait to enjoy your coffee, tea, or oatmeal.
- SAFTY FEATURES: No need to watch your kettle while it’s boiling. It automatically shuts off 30 seconds after it finishes boiling, and boil-dry protection prevents the kettle from turning on when there is no water.
- BEAUTIFUL DESIGN: The sleek glass kettle features an exquisite modern design that perfectly fits in any countertop, living room, or office.
- LED INDICATOR: Say goodbye to boring old-fashioned kettles. This kettle’s blue LED indicator tells you when your water is ready, making boiling easy even if you’re in a dark kitchen.
- EASY TO CLEAN: We designed our kettle with a large opening for quick cleanup of any residue or limescale using lemon juice or baking soda.
- SPECIFICATION: The kettle features a rated power of 1500W and is made for use only in the US and Canada. Your purchase also comes with customer support from our friendly team based in Southern California.
- Gift Ready: Comes with elegant gift boxes which is a perfect gift for tea lovers. (Such as Mother's Day, Father's Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas)
- Dimensions: 9 x 6.3 x 10 inches
- Weight: 2.6 pounds
Pros & Cons
Boils COLD water in 4 minutes. Metallic spout strainer...not plastic. April 2022 Update: After almost a year of using the pot, it became difficult to switch on. I immediately bought a duplicate; because, dang it! I love this pot! After I put in the order, I was demonstrating to my husband how it doesn’t turn on, and it turned on! My only explanation of what was happening was that something got wet and it hadn’t dried out yet. I do tend to shoot the water from the tap across the counter into the pot...just to make housework more fun. Maybe I should stop doing that, because water can get into the handle. If your pot suddenly stops working, my suggestion is to unplug it and briefly take a blow dryer to the electric base and the pot’s base. If you have time, forget the blow dryer, and just set it aside to dry naturally. Many of my appliances, when over heated or wet, will cut off and become unusable until it cools or dries out. At least I have another pot. If this gets wet again, I can replace it with the new pot until this one dries out. I’m thinking of buying another pot just for the purpose of boiling eggs. That way, I won’t have to worry about bacteria getting in the coffee. July 2021 update...so, yes, just like others have reported, about a month or so after using it, it suddenly wouldn't turn on. No light, no heat. But I'm not one to sit idly by, and accept a setback as my new reality. No, Sirree! If I'm going to throw something out, I'm going to figure out the cause of the setback so I can repair it. In this case, the first ring around the protruding pin at the center of the bottom of the carafe became rusted. The rust blocks a current between the base and the carafe, preventing the unit from working effectively. If you place the pot at a different angle (place the pot with your alternate hand, for instance), it may work. At any rate, I simply used a fine-grade sand sponge and sanded off the rust. Steel wool may work, also; but it is a very precise and microscopic job, either way. After I sanded off the rust, I blew off the rust residue and added a thin coat of coconut oil to prevent further rusting. So far, so good. I added pictures to point out the rust. As for the white spots inside the pot, that's going to happen if you have hard water. Hey, you didn't hear about people in the 16th century complaining about spots in their water boiler, did you? Of course not! Those lucky people didn't have to deal with water spots, because they carried their water in from the creek and poured it in an iron kettle. I'm sure you can find an iron kettle on Amazon. I'm not sure where your closest creek is. Maybe Google Maps can show you...OR...you can buy white vinegar or just pretend the spots aren't there. Mild update: Since I'm correcting typos that I failed to catch earlier, I will say as of today, June 14, 2021 the coconut oil appears to be holding its own. I added a wee bit more, but the kettle hasn't stopped or failed to start since I applied the first thin coat. Older review: I love it! My last water boiler almost caught my house on fire, leaked and the water sloshed out of the spout. This water boiler pours very smoothly and boils 1 liter of COLD water in four minutes. I haven't timed warm water, but I will confirm it's going to be less than four minutes. The blue light is ok; not as spectacular as I thought it would be. But I didn't buy this for entertainment. The spout strainer pulls forward, covering the spout when you close the lid. When you open the lid, it has a spring that allows the strainer to be moved down for filling water. It doesn't stay down, but it won't snap off when you're trying to fill the carafe, which was its intended purpose, I believe. It IS made of metal, so you don't have to worry about poisoning your family with seeping plastic chemicals. In fact, nothing on or in this pot that comes in contact with liquid is made of plastic. The handle and outside of the lid are plastic for the purpose of insulating you from burns. I have on occasion been forced to use a silicone potholder to support the base while pouring, but I wouldn't remove points for that. It does NOT have a temp control...but you CAN watch it boil and could probably judge from the water's action and reaction when it's the temperature for you. Over time, you be a pro and figuring the proper tea temp. I really do like this pot, and would recommend it for my own grandmother, if she was alive to use it. The price is good for the product. I'd buy it if I were you. You don't know when the price will rise. I have a heat streak. So if something does go wrong with the pot after posting this review, I will be sure to return to post the issues. For now, it's working great!
This is the most important feature you want to know about!! The big question: “if I schedule a time for it to heat up what happens if I lose Bluetooth connection? Will it still heat?! The answer= yes! I shopped wireless and Bluetooth kettles for weeks (UK gets them” wireless ones, we don’t... so lame) so I finally broke down and bought one to find out. Here’s the situation: The Bluetooth is good for about 25 paces from the device. So when I go upstairs to My room I loose connection. HOWEVER! That does NOT stop a scheduled heat! I set the time when I’m downstairs for next morning and go upstairs (lose connection) when I come down the next Morning it’s warm! So it works even if you go out of range. Downsides: you can’t set a “regular” daily time, you have to manually set it each night. Minor but lame. Also you don’t set a time, you set how many hours from right now you want it to warm up in. So if it’s midnight and you want tea at 8am you set the timer for “8 hours from now”. Again, minor but odd. Otherwise works great and the temperature hold feature is nice, it can be set to always 60 min also so you don’t have to select it each time.
A very good electric kettle for heating water. After looking at many different electric kettles with minimal plastic parts, I settled on the Cosori 1.7 l glass kettle. So far I am very pleased with it. The kettle has a borosilicate glass body and the lid is lined with stainless steel on the inside. Even the mesh at the spout is stainless steel. The result is clean hot water that has virtually no contact with any plastic parts. The kettle is well designed. It has a wide mouth and a lid that opens to allow one to clean the inside by hand. The 1.7 l capacity (the max water level is clearly marked) kettle is actually much larger than 1.7 l in overall dimension. This is a good protection to prevent boiling water from spill out of the kettle. The water comes to a vigorous boil within a very reasonable time - 5 to 6 minutes at full capacity. Very good for making tea and any other hot beverage. The blue LED lights are attractive and the automatic shut off works reliably. No worries about rust or plastic smell.
This Kettle Can Be Dangerous. The Cosori Kettle GK172-C0 is Nice looking and heats the water in a good amount of time,But can be Dangerous if it doesnt shut off,I tested the one i purchase for my mom ..First i filled it with 1.7 amount of water on the marking on the glass kettle,The cosori has a saftey feature which is suppose to shut it off ,if it run dry of water or boiling , But when i tested it ,Water was boiling crazy wild before it shut down,Thank god the lid is not under pressure on this kettle,well Cosori doesnt answer there phone because of the corona and says you have to email them,I got a reply from my email for this problem and cosori wants me to sent them a video of the water over boiling,my amazon invoice,date purchased plus identifying stickers (for there team to look into this matter) and any other details.Other uses have had this problem ,And i hope cosori fixes this problem before someone get hurt as for me ...Time to return this to amazon for this product !!!!! Any company that cant answer there customer service phone during this corona time should be ashamed because of today technologies there customer service can be at there own home and be safe at there own home !
Works as advertised, No issues in 3 months of ownership. Pros: -Works as advertised, fast boiling of water -I love how bright the light is, as it lets me tell if its done boiling from across the room. I can see some people being bothered how bright it is, but it is a feature for me. Cons: -As some other reviews may have mentioned, this unit seems especially susceptible to calcium build up, not sure why. Vinegar+water cleans up the buildup quickly, but annoying how quickly it builds up. I expect this to depend on how hard your water is in your house, but its odd how even after a single use I see calcium buildup.
Quick boil but scales formed on first night. Just got it and very excited to use it. Followed the instructions and boiled first batch of water. After dumping it out I filled it again with filtered Brita water and let it boil again. It was very pretty with the blue lights and came to a boil quickly. I was quite pleased overall at that point. After dumping out the remaining water before going to bed, I got up this morning to make tea and noticed these white spots all over the bottom. Now I literally only boiled one kettle of tap water and one kettle of filtered water since I got it. Very disappointed if this is already starting to form scales. Debating about keeping it at this point. Not sure if it’s crappy material or design. It shouldn’t be having issues like this in one day!
How to Buy The Best COSORI Electric Kettle for Boiling Water?
Do you feel stressed figuring out how to buy a good product of COSORI Electric Kettle for Boiling Water? So many things to consider? Don't know how to choose? Still doubt if it fits or not? We know that all, and we've done what you should have done for a research of the product COSORI Electric Kettle for Boiling Water from which you can learn how to get the best COSORI Electric Kettle for Boiling Water.
Before taking deep into the details, let us start with some questions as follows that everyone should have before a purchase of COSORI Electric Kettle for Boiling Water.
- Is it worth buying the COSORI Electric Kettle for Boiling Water?
- What benefits does the product COSORI Electric Kettle for Boiling Water offer?
- What to think about when buying the product COSORI Electric Kettle for Boiling Water?
- What makes the COSORI Electric Kettle for Boiling Water to be the best?
- Where can you get information as this on the product COSORI Electric Kettle for Boiling Water?
- Why and how do you need the COSORI Electric Kettle for Boiling Water?
You may have many more questions than the above in regards to the COSORI Electric Kettle for Boiling Water. To help you make a choice that meets your needs and satisfies you most, just read as more info and reviews as possible, no matter good or bad.
You can do that by going through reputable and trustworthy online platforms, communities and customer/product reviews, so as to get the possible best COSORI Electric Kettle for Boiling Water.
Based on real customer reviews and satisfactions, we use an optimized algorithm to put together objective data into a list of pros and cons as well as product features and specifications as such a good guide for you to follow that you can buy the best COSORI Electric Kettle for Boiling Water.
What Major Factors We Depend On To Create A Buying Guide
- Brand. For the product of COSORI Electric Kettle for Boiling Water, each brand you know or you don't know has its own visibility and reputation, some brands may provide a certain unique technology or selling point to compete with others.
- Features. What functions can the product of COSORI Electric Kettle for Boiling Water offer?
- Specifications. How is the product of like? e.g. size, weight, etc.
- Color. What color is the product of COSORI Electric Kettle for Boiling Water? Do you like it?
- Quality. How good is the product of COSORI Electric Kettle for Boiling Water? Is it worth the money?
- Reliability. How durable is the product of COSORI Electric Kettle for Boiling Water? Does it last long or does it work for a long time for you? Does it come with a warranty?
- Customer Ratings. How is the average rating for the product of COSORI Electric Kettle for Boiling Water?
- Customer Reviews. What real life customers say to the product of COSORI Electric Kettle for Boiling Water, no matter it is good or bad?
Overall, this is a very good product that earns many praises and is relatively highly rated by real life customers.
We highly recommend the COSORI Electric Kettle for Boiling Water to you.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.