As a good mother, you should take care of your little baby almost all the time. You should be aware of what his status is at the moment, for example temperature, making sure he is not getting a fever. If you are a mother like that, and you should have ever tried to take the temperature of your baby then you know why a quick infrared digital thermometer is a must. If you want to buy one, but don’t know which one is suitable for you, you may consider what I am introducing to you, a pretty good infrared thermometer of Metene, of which the reading time is really very quick.
Easy to Use
The Metene Medical Forehead and Ear Thermometer has simpler operation. With just a click on a button and in one second you get an instant reading. That is very practical, simple and nothing complex. With the Metene thermometer, you have the ability to take the temperature through no contact sensor from the forehead or you can use the ear probe. The thermometer has very simple interface with only two buttons, one for head and one for ear. The display lights up and tells you the temperature.
Accurate and Reliable
Accuracy is very important for such a good thermometer. Equipped with the most advanced medical infrared technology for accuracy and reliability, The Metene Medical thermometer is recommended by medical experts following its vigorous FDA clinical tests to confirm its consistency and reliability. Plus, the thermometer can store and recall up to 20 readings for baby and adults, being available to help you track the trend of body temperature.
How to get accurate reading temperature?
1. Make sure the position of the measurement is correct, don’t measure the place which is near to eyebrows, just test forehead, only that’s correct position.
2. Please don’t press the forehead or drill into the ear hole for long time(more than 5s) to measure multiple temp ,the temperature measured will be lower, that will lead to inaccurate reading.
3. Each time when you measure the temp, you should press the forehead or drill it into the ear hole for 2-3s, and then press the corresponding button until a beep that means it completes successfully to the first measurement.
Ear test mode is only suitable for children over 3 months. Please read the included instruction manual carefully to avoid any misuse and keep it for future reference. It is normal to obtain a slight variation in temperature readings when taking temperatures from different parts of the body.
Features & Specifications
- Dual mode use (Forehead or ear detection), suitable for baby, kids and adults
- 1 second measurement time, very quick for you to take temperature
- Fever warning
- 20 readings memory recall
- Power: 2 x AAA Batteries
- Operating Conditions: 50°F to 104°F (10°C to 40°C); ≤80%RH, non-condensing
- Atmospheric Pressure: 860 hPa to 1060 hPa
- Measurement Range: 32°F-212°F (0.0°C-100°C)
- Measurement Resolution: 0.1°F (0.1°C)
- Dimensions: 6.2 x 1.9 x 1.9 inches
- Weight: 4.8 ounces
Pros & Cons
Pros: Easy to use; Dual mode; Accurate and reliable; Lightweight.
Cons: Shorter display time for a reading that you will notice after the reading, the backlit display turns on but after a few seconds it goes off. That would be better with longer LED display time.
As a must for you taking temperature of your baby, the Metene Medical infrared digital thermometer is accurate and reliable. Overall, this is an easy and quick thermometer which is highly praised by real life customers with an average 4.7 out of 5 stars rating. So if you are looking around for a quick digital thermometer for your baby, I highly recommend the Metene Medical Forehead and Ear Thermometer.