Amazon Echo Show, here I just say Echo Show, is the highest class of Amazon voice control devices with Alexa that comes with a built-in 7″ touch screen, making it the best Echo device available and definitely better than any of other options.
As I have introduced the Amazon Echo Dot and the Amazon Echo, both built using the Amazon Alexa as the core to provide intelligent and instant responses to a person’s requests, however, no video option, I should focus on the key and most featured parts of Echo Show here. If you have already used Echo Dot or Echo before, or if you consider the audio and video most for a nice smart device as a start to control your smart home for your most convenience, Echo Show is just what you are looking for, which will definitely give you great audio and video experience to fulfill your life with smartness and convenience.
Well Built with Nice Screen and Great Sound
As the best Echo smart device, Echo Show is built with good quality, coming with a nice and bright 7″ touch screen that has good viewing angles, and fine-tuned speakers that sound much better than Echo Dot and Echo. With the touch screen, Echo Show brings and even shows you everything you love with Alexa that you can voice control it and get what you need as shown on its screen. The screen is the major improvement in Echo Show that makes it possible for you to watch YouTube videos, see music lyrics, security cameras, photos, visual weather forecasts, to-do list, shopping list, browse and listen to Audible audiobooks, and more. All is visible and hands-free. Furthermore, thanks to the built-in screen and front facing camera, you can stay connected with your family in a new way of making hands-free video calls as long as they have an Echo Show as well or the Alexa App which can be easily achieved from Apple Store or Google Play. No matter where you are outside home, you can have video conversations with your family by the Alexa App making a free of charge video call to your Echo Show at home. Another great improvement of Echo Show, compared to Echo Dot and Echo, is the use of dual 2 inch stereo speakers that are powered by Dolby. With these two full range speakers, you can have a new and great listening experience of rich bass and balanced sound for streaming music from Amazon Music, Pandora, Spotify, iHeartRadio or TuneIn. In this way, Echo Show is a pretty good portable speaker for popular music services streamed from your phone or tablet through Bluetooth connection. In the meanwhile, you can have the song lyrics shown on screen while listening. With a touch screen and well-tuned Dolby certified speakers, Echo Show is simply the best voice control smart device, in my opinion, which greatly improves the living experience and convenience in a smart visual way.
Easy to Setup and Use for Your Smart Home
As a smart device, it should be easy to set up and use. Yes, the Echo Show is as easy as you can expect to set for your home. Don’t think that the touch screen will add more difficulty in setting up the device, however, it simplifies the operation through a visible setup guide. And there are still three simple and easy steps to get started. Firstly, plug in Echo Show; secondly, connect Echo Show to the internet and follow an extremely easy guide to make some selections on the screen, then the Echo Show is up and running in no time; finally, voice control Echo Show for your convenience for a lot of things such as music, weather, etc. With the use of Alexa voice cloud service, you can voice control any compatible devices through the Echo Show at home. You can play your favorite music, watch video flash briefing from CNN, Bloomberg…, watch latest movie trailers, or turn on/off air-conditioner, or dim lights when needed, or see camera feed from the baby’s nursery or your front door. All is done by voice, just ask Echo Show, Echo Show will respond to your request instantly. In a word, Echo Show is made all for your smart home working with compatible smart home devices such as cameras, lights, TVs, fans, thermostats, garages…from a lot of brands like Ring, WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Ecobee, Wink and more. You can easily set up your own smart home with Echo Show as the centric controller quickly in a brand -new visual way.
Greater Voice Recognition
As even better at voice recognition, Echo Show is equipped with eight far-field microphones and beam-forming technology as well as advanced noise cancellation, which is the key of Echo Show to hear you from any direction even if you are in an environment with noise, for example, playing music. You can get very quick response from Echo Show across the room, thanks to its excellent far-field voice recognition. When you want to use Echo Show, you just say the wake word ‘Alexa’, and then Echo Show is voice-activated to stream audio to the Alexa Voice cloud service, which will then recognize and respond to you instantly and intelligently. So you are always able to get quick response of what you need from Echo Show almost anytime, anywhere of your home you want.
Always Smarter for More Skills
Echo Show is built with the Amazon Alexa Cloud Service, which is actually the brain behind all Amazon smart devices. Echo Show is always getting smarter to respond to your requests, that is, the more you use Echo Show, the more it learns and adapts to your personal speech patterns, vocabulary and preferences. As Echo Show is connected to the internet to work all the time, it is automatically updated without any of your effort. Thus, Echo Show is always getting smarter with more and more new skills added all the time, like making a reservation with OpenTable, requesting a ride from Uber and many more you can expect.
Features & Specifications
- Improved to be built with a 7″ touch screen, so you can get everything you love about Alexa as visible, and still all hands-free, just ask
- With the use of screen, you can make hands-free video calls to friends and family who also have an Echo Show or the Alexa App, making it a new way of being connected
- Use Bluetooth to stream popular music services, for example, Apple Music from your phone or tablet, so you can enjoy your favorite songs portably
- You can see lyrics on-screen with Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHearRadio, TuneIn, and more
- Built with powerful, room-filling speakers with Dolby processing, so you can enjoy music with crisp vocals and extended bass response
- All for your smart home, you can ask Alexa to show you the front door or monitor the baby’s room with compatible cameras from Ring and Arlo, and control a lot of compatible smart home devices for your convenience
- Built with eight microphones that use beam-forming technology and noise cancellation for great voice recognition, so you can ask Echo Show from any direction even while playing music
- Always getting smarter and adding new features, and more skills like OpenTable, Uber, CNN, and more, just for your smart life
- Dimensions: 7.4 x 7.4 x 3.5 inches
- Weight: 41 oz.
- Backed by a 1-year limited warranty and service
Key Technical Details
- Display: 7″ touch screen
- Camera: 5MP
- Wi-Fi Connectivity: Dual-band Wi-Fi supports 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 and 5 GHz) networks. However, does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks
- Bluetooth Connectivity: Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) support for audio streaming from your mobile device to Echo Show or from Echo Show to your Bluetooth speakers. Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) for voice control of connected mobile devices. However, hands-free voice control is not supported for Mac OS X devices. Bluetooth speakers requiring PIN codes are not supported, either.
- Audio: Dual 2 inch stereo speakers
- Processor: Intel Atom x5-Z8350 processor for advanced technology and processing capabilities
- Alexa App: Compatible with Fire OS, Android, and iOS devices
Pros & Cons
Pros: Voice control and get shown on screen for playing music, ordering, reading news, making video calls, security camera, visual weather forecast, smart home controller… a lot of things can be done in a simple, hands-free and visual way; Built with a nice and bright screen for good viewing angles; Built with dual stereo speakers powered by Dolby that sound much better; Extremely easy to set up due to the use of touch screen.
Cons: No audio or video out option; The angle of the display and the front facing camera cannot be adjusted; Echo Show still uses Alexa as the brain, it cannot answer complex questions or web searching request well that you can easily achieve by Google.
Conclusion with Customer Reviews
To make this Amazon Show review as complete as possible, I also have the real life customer reviews included. As in the research for this Amazon smart device, I found more than 1300 helpful customer reviews that tell me Echo Show has a great 4.0 out of 5 stars rating. That means most people have given Echo Show the highest praises possible.
And for further research in the customer reviews, I also found that there were some complaints that there is no audio or video out port on Echo Show, which should be included for better audio and video extensions. However, the overall consensus is that the Amazon Echo Show is still the best Echo smart device available for your smart home. If you are looking for an advanced smart device with great audio and video, I highly recommend the Amazon Echo Show for your best experience ever.
Get the Amazon Echo Show.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.