Looking for some information for the best selling things? Recently, I have found a pretty good one. That is the SinoPie DT-8868 Forehead Thermometer, which is listed as Baby Products on Amazon. If you have any interest in buying this, here I may share what I have reviewed for it with you, so that you can know some useful information like features, advantage or disadvantage of the product before you purchase it. I hope you will find this helpful and share this article if it does help you.
SinoPie DT-8868 is a professional non-contact infrared thermometer, which can be used to measure both the temperature of human body and object surface. With a new generation microchip, it greatly improves the accuracy of digital thermometer.
Body And Objects Measuring
In human body mode, the temperature range is 32.0-42.5 ℃(89.6-108.5℉). In Surf mode, the temperature range is 0-100 ℃(32-212℉). It can be used to measure surface temperature of water bottle, bathing water, food, machine, room and etc.
The updated microchip ensures the thermometer provide an accurate reading. Its accuracy in Body mode is ± 0.2℃ (0.4℉), while ± 1.0℃ (1.8℉) in Surface mode.
Non-touch design gives you a reading without bothering a sleeping sick person. Best measurement distance is within 5cm (2 inches).
Convenient and Easy
You just need to aim, maintain a distance of 1-5 cm, and press the trigger for an accurate temperature reading. You can easily change its temperature unit between C and F by pressing “Mode” button.
The thermometer will automatically shut down if it is idle for about 10 seconds. Hence, it greatly save power and extend the life of the battery.
1. When taking temperature from different parts of the body, it is normal to get a slight variation in the temperature readings. For example, An ear temperature is usually 0.5-1°F (0.3-0.6°C) higher than an oral temperature, while forehead temperature is usually 0.5-1°F (0.3-0.6°C) lower than an oral temperature.
2. Be sure that the thermometer is in “Body” mode when taking temperature of a human body, otherwise it will show you an inaccurate reading.
3. Be sure that there is no sweat, hair or other obstacle in front of the forehead, otherwise it will show you an inaccurate reading.
Features & Specifications
- Reliable and Accurate: SinoPie uses New Updated Microchip to ensure the non-contact thermometer gives consistent measurements with an accuracy of ± 0.2℃ (0.4℉) in Body mode, ± 1.0℃ (1.8℉) in Surface mode.
- Easy and Instant: The infrared thermometer is able to show you a reading within 1 second, which is a great challenge for ordinary mercurial thermometer. Celsius and Fahrenheit can be easily and instantly switched by the toggle button.
- Non-contact design: Non-contact design will be more sanitary, potentially decreasing the spread of bacteria/infection. Keep the sensor within 2 inches (5cm) from the skin and you will get a good reading.
- LCD Display and Alarm: Blue white backlight provides a nice glow for an easy reading in the night or dark situations. It will beep if the body temperature is above the fever threshold, which is 100.4 °F (38.0 °C) as a default setting and you can change in the menu.
- Multi-Thermometer: This digital thermometer is able to detect both body and object temperatures. In “Body mode”, it is used for taking temperatures of a human body. In “Surface” mode, it is used for measuring temperatures of the surface of an object.
- Dimensions: 8.7 x 3.7 x 2.2 inches
- Weight: 6.4 ounces
- Warranty: A 30-day 100% hassle free money back guarantee, and a 1-year limited warranty.
Pros & Cons
Pros: Th is a great digital that it is worth every penny.
Cons: A little too big that the remote control is oversized for some people.
This SinoPie DT-8868 is a professional non-contact infrared thermometer for taking accurate temperatures of both human body and object surface.
Overall, this is a great product that earns many praises and is highly rated by real life customers, making it as one of the best sellers of Baby Products on Amazon. I highly recommend the Forehead Thermometer to you.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.