BENFEI DISPLAYPORT to HDMI Male to Male Cable
- The BENFEI DisplayPort to HDMI Cable – Black is designed for connecting DisplayPort equipped computer systems to HDMI equipped monitors, providing optimal video quality up to 1080p HDTV or 1920 x 1200 PC graphics. It is a cost-effective solution to allow your DisplayPort computer to work with the HDMI display for business, home entertainment, conference rooms, and more.
- – Input(from video source): DisplayPort Male
- – Output(to monitor): HDMI Male
- – Audio Support: Yes
- – Installation: Plug and Play
- This cable is designed to connect the laptop with displayport output, the monitor with hdmi input, it could not work in the opposite direction.
- Mirror Mode: Makes your holiday photos and favorite films so much more interesting and enjoyable on the big screen!
- Extended Mode: Works like a charm for multitasking.
- Video and Audio: Supports video resolutions up to 1920 x 1200 and 1080p (Full HD) and flawless audio pass-thru for uncompressed digital 7.1, 5.1 or 2 channels
- Desktops and laptops with an available DisplayPort output, the monitor with HDMI input.
- It’s not for the montior with DisplayPort input, it’s an uni-directional adapter. If your video source is HDMI and monitor is with DisplayPort input. Another solution, HDMI to DisplayPort with external power input is required. Please see the table in the following.
- Few docking station doesn’t support DP++ Mode. if so, Another solution, Active DP to HDMI is required. Please see the table in the following.
Ultra Reliable and Durable
Enhanced Solution Design
Audio & Video Sync Transmission
1） Not Bidirectional, Only for Displayport Computer/Laptop to HDMI Monitor
- It’s not for the monitor with DisplayPort input, it’s an uni-directional adapter.
- Not work with Fire TV Stick, XBOX etc. Which have HDMI output port.
- If your video source is HDMI and monitor is with DisplayPort input. Another solution, HDMI to DisplayPort with external power input is required. Please see the table in the following.
- Few docking station doesn’t support DP++ Mode. if you are using docking station, we suggest to choose Active Displayport to HDMI Cable
3）Not Compatible with USB
- Displayport is different with USB Port. This Cable is Not compatible with USB Port.
- If you need USB to HDMI Adapter, please check the following table
|Displayport to HDMI Cable||Displayport to HDMI Cable||Displayport to HDMI Cable 4K||Active Displayport to HDMI Addapter||HDMI to Displayport Addapter||USB to HDMI Adapter|
|Video Mirror Direction||DP Source to HDMI Display||DP Source to HDMI Display||DP Source to HDMI Display||DP Source to HDMI Display||HDMI Source to DP Display||USB Source to HDMI Display|
|Max Resolution||[email protected]||[email protected]||[email protected]||[email protected]||[email protected]||[email protected]|
|Input||DisplayPort Male||DisplayPort Male||DisplayPort Male||DisplayPort Male||HDMI Male||USB 3.0 Male|
|Output||HDMI Male||HDMI Male||HDMI Male||HDMI Female||DisplayPort Female||HDMI Female|
|Active or Passive||Passive||Passive||Passive||Active|
|Shell Material||ABS||Aluminium Shell&Nylon Cable||ABS||ABS||Aluminium||Aluminium Shell|
Features & Specifications
- EXCELLENT TRANSMISSION: BENFEI DisplayPort to HDMI 10 Feet Cable utilizes better chip solution and professional multiple shielding for instaneous and accurate data streaming.
- SUPERIOR STABILITY - Built-in advanced IC chip converts DisplayPort signal to HDMI signal; It is NOT a bi-directional converter and cannot transmit signals from HDMI Source to DisplayPort Monitor.
- INCREDIBLE PERFORMANCE - The DisplayPort male to HDMI male cable supports resolutions up to [email protected] (1080p Full HD) including 720p, 1600x1200, 1280x1024 for high definition monitors or projectors; And also supports audio transmission with uncompressed digital 7.1, 5.1 or 2 audio channels. Gold plated DisplayPort connector resists corrosion and abrasion and improve the signal transmission performance; Molded strain relief increases cable durability
- LATCHES DESIGN - DisplayPort connector with latches provides a secure connection, the latches will improve the connection stability in usage. When plug out, please press the realse button, and easy to pull out.
- 18 MONTH WARRANTY - Exclusive BENFEI Unconditional 18-month Warranty ensures long-time protection of your purchase; Friendly and easy-to-reach customer service to solve your problems timely
Pros & Cons
DisplayPort to HDMI, not the other way around. Pay attention to the description. Pay attention to what this does. It clearly says DisplayPort to HDMI, not the other way around. I can attest that it doesn't pass an HDMI signal to a DisplayPort on my Dell Monitor (assuming the cable is good). I didn't pay close attention to the description and thought I could go from an HDMI output on my video surveillance system to the DisplayPort on my monitor. It doesn't work that way. I do know the HDMI port on the surveillance system works if connected to a monitor with an HDMI input. In one of the questions asked about this product, the answer is, "The average use will be DisplayPort to HDMI signal. You may need to get an HDMI to DisplayPort converter. Flipping this cable around may not do the trick." And apparently in my case it did not do the trick so I can't fault the cable for what it is not intended to do. I gave it 5 stars just based on the packaging and appearance of the cable. It looks quality but buyer beware and use it for it's intended purpose. The little graphic in the item photos even shows the direction, HDMI TO DisplayPort.
works well with desktop computer that supports this standard. Well satisfied. Great value for the price as long as your computer has a Display Port output, and you want to connect your monitor through HDMI. I used it with a HP Elite 8200 SFF desktop computer. It allowed full monitor resolution and was an improvement over VGA.
Did exactly what I needed it to do. The cable was exactly what I needed to connect an HDMI TV monitor to my desktop. While I had a DisplayPort adapter already, it was to a VGA port on the monitor and still wasn't clear enough for me to see without my glasses. Now I can adjust the resolution to multiple settings so I can now see the monitor clearly without glasses. I don't know what others had to complain about, but this was just what I needed! Thanks, Benfei!
used this cable to connect my second monitor. I have a vga cable to one old monitor and used this one to connect to my new digital monitor. using a split wire adapter only mirrored the display. Separate cables allow me to split screen.
Great product. I have numerous cables of different kinds. I ordered these so I could work from home. They work perfectly. Thank you for a great product. JS/Preiso
Arrived quickly, worked excellently! We required this cable on quite short notice so that we could use it to display the output from our streaming server Open Broadcast Software (OBS) to a secondary monitor adapter so that we could use the same video feed in-house. The cable arrived in short order, build quality was excellent and it worked with our setup with no issues. Would certainly buy from them again.
Mostly Works Well. These cables do feel nice, they have great connectors, but of the two that I ordered, one will not let the screen fully sleep. When the screens turn off (such as after being idle), one screen turns off, goes to sleep, and comes back on only after I come back to the computer. The other screen (literally the exact same model and age as the first) will turn off, wait about 15 seconds, then get a signal for an instant, then turn back off. It keeps kicking the screen on this way indefinitely. I changed the port it was plugged into on the video card, and the monitor using the faulty cable still had an issue in a different port. Then I connected it to the other screen, and now they have switched which one is working properly. They were wound fairly tight in the packaging, so perhaps there's a short? Anyway, it's a good cable when it works, and annoying when it doesn't. UPDATE: Now, about 6 weeks after purchasing (and always having had the screen not sleeping issues), there is s slight flicker. At first it could only be seen on certain shades of gray, now it's any solid colored image or background has a noticeable flicker, and that issue follows to whichever screen has that cable connected to it.
Do not buy, Defective cable, no returns accepted,. I tried to use it to connect a monitor to a computer. I chose the right type of cable, right connections, right direction of data (flowing from the computer display port to the HDMI connection in the monitor), and the cable is defective. DOES NOT WORK, DEFECTIVE, but what is really bad is that YOU CAN NOT RETURN IT. So, DO NOT PURCHASE THIS CABLE IT DOES NOT WORK AND YOU CANNOT RETURN iT.
UPDATED: It’s a good cable for what you get. UPDATE 1/2/2022: I’ve been using the cable some more for several months, and it turns out it was the computer. It doesn’t do that anymore, even with the same computer. Even though it doesn’t feel very premium, and it doesn’t seem like it will last. Since I first got this cable, it has been having issues. When the computer I’m using this with is starting up, it would send a widescreen image, but the cable would cut off the widescreen part and display an old-style 4:3 image. Then, I restarted this computer one time, and now it does the same thing in Windows after it has started up. I don’t know what it did, but it’s not right. The computer I’m using does not have an HDMI port, so I would have to buy a new cable.
Cable did not work. I tried to connect the cable between monitor and laptop and monitor would not recognize the signal through the cable. I purchased another cable from another seller which worked fine. UPDATE: In fairness, the seller contacted me, refunded my purchase cost and informed me that the cable would work if the Display Port came out of the laptop, and HDMI was the input to the monitor. I had already purchased a different cable, however. I upped my rating to 3 stars since the seller was so helpful
Works, but found issue with multi-monitor set up. Cable works as intended and seems to have decent screen resolution for the money. But I have found that the cable seems to disconnect the monitor when my PC enters sleep mode. Using this for my primary monitor means it tosses my windows to other screens when it wakes back up. Just an observation for others trying to use multiple monitors.
Fragile metal part. I was looking for an HDMI to DP port cable for my newly brought 4K monitor. I bought this BENFEI cable because it has so many good reviews but it turns out to be a huge disappointment. The cable came in broken, the connecting metal part is fragile!!! More importantly, it does not work. Really disappointed. Cheaper compared to others.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.